While we continue our pre-recorded virtual worship option and the drive-in worship option every week, it is our hope to also offer an in-person worship service on select Sundays to be held in the Holy Cross sanctuary. All three of these worship options will feature the same sermon message each week.
Currently Lake County Covid-19 status is a phase 4 per Illinois Department of Public Health. If there is a return in our Covid-19 status to phase 3 for our region by Illinois Department of Public Health, we will suspend all the in-person worship options.
In-person Worship Procedures:
· Registration will be required as we are only able to accommodate 125 individuals at a time. Reservations will be on a first come basis and will need to be made for each in-person service that you plan to attend. Registration will be open on Monday through Friday by midnight for the following Sunday. If you make a reservation but your plans change, please cancel the reservation as soon as possible to allow others to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· Masks will be required upon entry to the church building and for the duration of the worship service and the time that you are in the church building. We will direct everyone to immediately leave the church building upon completion of the worship service. There will no receiving line nor congregating of groups in the gathering space.
· Check in stations will be set up in the gathering space. You will need to sign in, register your temperature and use a hand sanitizer (provided). Anyone with a temperature exceeding 100.4 F will not be allowed to attend worship. You will immediately be directed to the sanctuary seating. Please allow extra time for the check in process. Coat racks will be unavailable. You will need to carry your coat into the sanctuary.
· Seating pods of various sizes will be able to accommodate different sized groups that meet guidelines for social distancing. Please use one that is appropriate for the size of your group. There will be no need to share a seating pod with someone who is not part of your group. The chairs are connected and we ask that no one makes changes to the seating pods other than assigned ushers.
· There will be no fellowship opportunities provided before or after the worship service.
· Per health department guidelines, there will no singing, group recitation, or other practices and performances where there is increased likelihood for transmission from contaminated exhaled droplets.
· Individual pre-packaged communion kits will be available at each of the seating pods. Please dispose of them as you exit.
Upcoming In-person Worship Dates:
Guidance for North Suburban region 9 taking effect on October 31, 2020 impacted plans for in-person worship.